[Asterisk-Users] PABX Setup

Boris Bakchiev boris at jildent.com.au
Tue Jun 6 05:01:49 MST 2006

Samsung PABX?

Its TEPRI probably configured in overlap mode so you need to configure
asterisk span that is connected to PABX to overlap mode as well.

When user selects the outside line in overlap mode PABX connects to
asterisk and then sends the digits to it as the user presses the key's.

If overlap mode is not configured in asterisk switch is not started by
asterisk and it just thinks that empty dial string was sent to it.

Just use:
overlapdial=yes

in your zapata.conf

Make sure you have
exten => s,1,Busy()
exten => s,2,Hangup

in your 'samsungincoming' context so that users get a busy signal when
they didn't enter any digits in allotted time otherwise you'll get a
hanging channel in Samsung.

We use that setup with OfficeServ 500 and it works really well.

Regards