[Asterisk-Users] What to do on a national celebration day? Test, test, test!

Olle E Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Jun 6 04:29:19 MST 2006

Today is Swedens national day - since a few years a holiday too.
We don't have a tradition on how to celebrate.
Sweden has not been to war for a very long time, so there's no real
spirit
for the country here - it's been aroundfor such a long time, so
what? :-)

Guess we have to learn from abroad, to get a celebration feeling like
July 4th in the US or May 17th
in Norway (from reading the recipe I got from my friend Eivind, I am
a bit hesitant about  it really
something we want to do)...

I'll try to fill the day somehow. We've raised the flag outside. We
have friends coming over.
The grill is ready. The beer too...

Meanwhile, I have to get you folks back on track, back to testing.
Don't try to run away now,
we need you!

I'll relief you from test-this-branch for now. The differences
between that branch and trunk is not that
big any more, and what remains either won't make it into 1.4 or will
be integrated this week.
I will soon start to add more stuff to test-this-branch, continue to
make it a scary place to be.

Instead of testing the test branch, please test svn trunk. We will
soon produce a 1.4 beta based
on Asterisk svn trunk. Download instructions are to be found on
http://www.asterisk.org

We have integrated quite a lot of big changes during the last week
for you to test and turn
inside out. If you locate bugs, please report them in the bug tracker.

- The followme application - a toolkit for creating findme/followme
extensions
- RTCP support improvements - necessary for video calls
- A generic jitterbuffer for zap, sip, skinny, h.323, iax2 and other
channels
- Totally rewritten SIP transfer code

In testing right now is the new t38 passthrough code, which will be
integrated after
some more reviews and tests. Please help us test that code too.

Thank you all for working hard on this until I return online!

Regards,
/Olle

---
* Olle E. Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/
* Next training and dCAP in Stockholm,  Sweden, June 2006!

---
* Olle E Johansson - oej at edvina.net
* Cell phone +46 70 593 68 51, Office +46 8 96 40 20, Sweden