[Asterisk-Users] Local vs. toll Dial Plan

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon Jun 5 16:52:52 MST 2006

At 03:51 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
>My talk of efficiency is not in code timing it is in readablity and
>ability to make changes easily. If I could put all the exchanges in a
>table or database and refer to them as valid in a particular instance
>saying in one line or a macro in * if the exten I am dialing matches any
>of these then do this.

Something like this might be useful.  And any hints about better ways
to accomplish this are very welcome.  The one thing I don't know off
hand is how many characters a variable can contain so you might need
a couple of instances of this to hold them all.

exten => s,n,set(EXCHANGES=310323805714)
exten => s,n(begin),set(TEST=${EXCHANGES:0:3)
exten => s,n,set(EXCHANGES=${EXCHANGES:3)
exten => s,n,gotoif($["${TEST}" = ""]?passed)
exten => s,n,gotoif($[${TEST} = ${EXTEN?3}:gotone]
exten => s,n,gotoif($[${TEST} = ${EXTEN?1:3}:gotone]
exten => s,n,goto(begin)