[Asterisk-Users] Prices of g729 codec

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 5 09:11:05 MST 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 11:12, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> Well it may be it maybe not, I wouldnt call people liars without proof
> however.  What I will do is state that I have written a tool that allows

Fair enough.

> That may be, which goes with what he said that you said was a faery
> tale.  So which is it, faery tale or fact?  You seem to be inconsistant.

How am I being inconsistent?

> And if he could have made a case that he needed it changed, wouldnt that
> negate your argument that the patent holders wont let digium change it
> more than once?  Is iut the patent holders (or their authorized agent
> sipro.com as the case may be) or digium that has the discretion?

I didn't say that the patent holder won't let Digium change it more than once.
I believe I said something along the lines of "without good reason" which is
a statement I stand by.  As far who has the discretion... I do not know.  I
assume (yes, a dangerous passtime) that somewhere within the Digium/sipro
agreement there is the understanding that Digium will make some effort to
prevent abuse of the system.

> I cant speak for you hitting your kids when they bother you for 5
> minutes, however if it bothers you that people post 'I had a problem
> with digium' email and your explanation contradicts itself, even your
> claim that someone is being less than honest when you yourself state
> later that they were being honest seems dubious at best.

Again, where is my inconsistency?  You seem like a bright enough lad to
identify a sarcastic and exaggerated example (so much so that you turn it
into a thinly veiled personal attack on my parenting skills), so please show
me where I'm inconsistent.

-A.