[Asterisk-Users] Prices of g729 codec

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Mon Jun 5 08:15:15 MST 2006

> Talk to digium about this on support at digium.com, they might be able to
> help you out there.
>
> Zoa
>
> Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:
>
> >I have no problem with paying Digium the $10 for G729 licenses,
> >everyone has to make money. It's the administration of the licenses
> >that sucks. I experiment with different hardware a lot, and make up
> >demo machines to install for customers with available hardware. I have
> >to put G729 licenses on them, usually $100 each time, and when I
> >install the real hardware for the client, I can't transfer the
> >licenses. If I scrap that machine or change the interfaces, that's a
> >$100 loss. I believe when you buy a number of licenses, that should
> >determine how many instances you can use, regardless of how you want
> >to deploy them.
> >In short, the method of enforcement is poor and leads to resentment
> >from customers. Surely Digium can construct a better system?

i think, for those of us, who would like to transfer licences from one box
to other (i mean more than 1-2 or 10), we would have to buy a hardware
base lock (of course, i don't care about, if the lock would contact
digium once a day or so) like usb, or a dumb pci ethernet card, so
if we need we can move it to other. what do you think?
(sadly there is no a 7day demo licence or anything to test)
--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users