[Asterisk-Users] Allowing multiple exchanges

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Mon Jun 5 07:15:29 MST 2006

Hey Doug,

Few things you can do. First off, are the numbers for incoming callers
or for when you are making a call? One way that we do it because our
numbers change a lot is I have a text file with all the numbers on it.
Like below:

[localtoolexchange]
exten => _342, 1, Goto(whereever)
etc..

and then I include them where you need them. Now this is for outgoing,
for incoming you just would need to remove the "_". Now if it is a range
of numbers that you know you can do the following:

exten => _[12347-9][2-6789]X, Goto(whereever)

The first part will look for 1,2,3,4,7,8, and 9. The second
2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and finally X is 0-9.

If you have them in a database, I would use the text file method. It is
easy to write a script to build a new file and reload it into asterisk.
But you also can write the second part of the script with a little more
tinkering.

Kevin