[Asterisk-Users] fine-tuning asterisk questions

William Piper william.piper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 06:26:27 MST 2006

My apologies, I didn't realize I was speaking to someone else.
As far as I know the dialplan does not need to have the "j" option to do
N+101. I'm using 1.2.7.1 without the "j" option and it jumps fine.

I suppose that will work fine as long as you turn off call waiting on the
phone itself. I provision everything from the server side so I don't have to
provision the boxes. Unless you use the same SIP phones for everyone, it
could be a pain to do on the phone side... and what happens if you want to
give 1 person the ability to do call waiting without giving it to everyone?
Even if you did the cfg files from a tftp, you'd still have to get the MAC
address & provision a new cfg file.... what a pain!

I say, depending on the size of your company, create a dialplan with a star
feature to activate & deactivate call waiting. Just do a 'DBput" and dump
the calleridnum value in the database, then do a "DBget" on your incoming
dialplan to see if call waiting is activated for that user. That is super
simple and leaves it up to the end user, or if you want... don't write the
star feature & just provision it from the DB. That way it leaves it up to
you and the end user still can't change it.

bp