[Asterisk-Users] change of calls control with VRRP protocol

Shenen Shenen shenenx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 02:21:08 MST 2006

Hi! I' ve this problem:
I've 2 asterisks box, asterisk11 and asterisk12, and one wi_fi phone.
I call from wi_fi to a X-lite phone on a windows xp.I've setuped the X-lite
to my vrrp IP
(vrid IP) and the call is ok, I call from the wi_fi to X-lite and from the
X-lite to wi_fi.
In asterisk panell is all ok, and I listen the voice to the xp and in the
wi_fi phone.
asterisk12 is my master.
asterisk11 is the slave.

well,I said I'm using the VRRP protocol.
If the master fall down, the call is always pointed to asterisk12, (I see
this using ethereal software)
but it should point to asterisk11(in ethereal the vrrp change to asterisk11
when the asterisk 12 falls
down).

Why don't the calls point to asterisk11?
Can I change some config file in asterisk to have always the calls pointed
to the vrid IP?
(The problem will be resolved only if the call point to the vrid IP  in
automated...I should
have a transparent resolution of the addresses from asterisk12 to
asterisk11, and the asterisk11
takes the call...but the asterisk11 doesn't take the control of the
call....)

Can you help me?
10000000000000000000000000000 thanks.