[Asterisk-Users] Configuring Polycom 501 IP phones via the console

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Sun Jun 4 15:55:14 MST 2006

Stephen Bosch wrote:
> All I want to do is get my Polycom 501 to register with a working
> Asterisk server. I want to do the configuration locally on the phone
> through the console.

The console is very tedious. Why not use the web interface instead? Let
the phone get an IP address via DHCP and then point a web browser at the
phone. :)

Much easier to navigate/configure. Password is the same as the advanced
password on the phone itself.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Sydney / Melbourne / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street      T: +61 (0) 3 9235 5400
   Fitzroy, VIC           F: +61 (0) 3 9235 5444
   3065                   W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>