[Asterisk-Users] TDM-400 doesn't detect far-end hangup

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Sun Jun 4 14:25:55 MST 2006

Hi:

I'm using a TDM-400 to terminate PSTN lines at my Asterisk server with
kewlstart signalling.

When an outside caller calls the server, the TDM-400 goes off-hook and
provides a ringing tone to the caller. If the caller hangs up before the
receiving party answers the phone, Asterisk fails to detect the hang-up.
The TDM-400 stays off-hook, hogging the line, while Asterisk rings the
extension.

I thought the TDM-400 FXO module was supposed to detect far-end call drops.

Is there something I need to configure to make this work?

Cheers,

-Stephen-