[Asterisk-Users] Call-pickup function in Queue application

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Sun Jun 4 13:33:02 MST 2006

Hi Attilla,

I'm not sure if there is something like that available or not, but I
know there are some alternatives. You can set the time out limit to say
15 seconds, which for me is about 3-4 rings on the phone before it goes
looking for the next agent. The other option you can manually remove the
interface from the queue via the CLI by the following:

remove queue member <Interface> from <queue name>

However, I'm not sure if that will have an effect on the
call...hopefully it will just send the caller looking for the next
number. I haven't personally tried it.

I know some phones like the Polycom 601 have a buddy watch option. As
far as I know, and someone can step in and correct me if I am wrong,
that will just show if the person is on the phone or not. I don't think
you can pick up on the line.

Kevin