[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and SATA Raid 1

Tomer Horn thorn at ivrit.org.il
Sun Jun 4 13:23:48 MST 2006

I believe that depends what you do with your Asterisk. If your hard
drives I/O is not intensive
then go for it. I got a SOHO Asterisk installed on Athlon XP 2000+ and
ATA 100 Software
RAID-1. The server is mostly idle but there are times it does some work
and it's also serving
as extremely low I/O file server and a pptp gateway.

The asterisk's job, if matters, is to take incoming calls, record them
into a wav, encode to mp3
and mail away. It also being used as a SIP host to peer with other VoIP
suppliers. It does
some work, but not so much I must admit; works tho.

No complains here.