[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on Mini-Box M300

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Sun Jun 4 08:02:58 MST 2006

Antoine Megalla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone try to install Asterisk on the Mini-Box
> M300  with a Versa
> mini-ITX board 1GHz VIA x86 CPU?
> The box looks promissing, but I am not sure if Digium
> cards are compatible
> with the mother board (Versa mini-ITX)
>
> Also I am not sure if the 1GHz VIA processor can
> handle a Digium 24 port
> analog board, or an E1 digital board.
>
> If anyone had tried the Mini-Box, the processor, of
> the mother board, can he
> please give me a feedback about their use for Asterisk
> installations.

I have a small office setup with a VIA PD10000 board which is similar.
I cannot guarantee that you'll have the same results with the Versa, but
you should.  I have used both a Digium TDM11b card as well as an OpenVox
a1200p (12 port card).  We run hylafax via iaxmodem and use the g729
codec.  I get an occasional echo on my Polycom 600, but I'm several
firmware revisions behind on the phone.  The board seems to handle the
load quite well.  Additionally openvpn is actively used as this box also
serves as the firewall.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman