[Asterisk-Users] Sound playback problems

Scott Pettit scott at pettit.co.nz
Sun Jun 4 03:54:32 MST 2006

Hi,

I've installed asterisk from the Ubuntu Dapper packages, and it has been
running for several weeks absolutely fine - calls work both in and out (only
using SIP on both sides).

I've come to setup Voicemail now, but when I dial the extension with
VoiceMailMain, I see:

-- Executing VoiceMailMain("SIP/pettit-bedroom-9964", "@pettit") in new
stack
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/pettit-bedroom-9964' status is 'UNKNOWN'

The call immediately fails.

I also tried getting it to playback the demo message, but it does the same
and falls through.

It appears Asterisk is unable to playback the sound prompts from disk - they
are in /usr/share/asterisk/sounds (and I have symlinked from
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds to be sure).

The machine is a P4D 2.8 (64bit running Ubuntu Dapper 64bit).

There are no Zaptel cards or ISDN cards etc in this, it is purely SIP.

Any suggestions?