[Asterisk-Users] ISDN call-progress IE in SETUP frames

Stephen Davies stephen.l.davies at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:13:51 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a strange problem on a single customer's PRI.  He can't call
certain destinations, receiving an "incompatible destination" ISDN
cause code back from the network.

I'm sure that the PRI is misconfigured by the telco; but they (as
always) insist there is nothing wrong.  Another Asterisk system with
identical config works perfectly on a PRI installed at the next-door
sister company and going to the same telco switch and all.  The
problem PRI was reconfigured at the request of a previous vendor who
installed a "toll-bypass" box.

Anyway - examing the ISDN traces from the Asterisk box and comparing
to what the PBX sends, I see that the old PBX includes a "calling
equipment is non-ISDN" progress IE in its call setup.  Asterisk
doesn't.

Is there any way to collect this value on incoming calls.  That is, as
we handle an incoming call to query to retrieve the value of this
progress IE?

And any way to set it when we make outgoing calls?

If I can do this then it will be easy to pass this value back and
forth and make us more transparent.

Matt, Mark, Kevin: there do seem to be some issues with the
callprogress IE handling in libpri - for instance, libpri remembers
them using a bit-map, but the transmit_call_progress will just send
ONE of those remembered.  Does anyone want to help me understand as I
make adustments...

Regards,
Steve Davies