[Asterisk-Users] SIP Trunking

Steven Haldeman haldeman_79 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 20:18:55 MST 2006

Thank you for your response.

  All that I get when I dial in is all circutes are busy and when I dial out 503 errors.  Here are my configs.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  The provider is using a Tekelec 9000 Class 5 switch if that is any help.

  The provider sat us up two accounts one that they are calling a line that uses authentication usernames and passwords as though we were terminating into a SIP phone.  This account works but is not the prefered solution to our problem.  The other account is what the provider calls a trunk account and it does not use usernames and passwords.  This seems to be the solution for the provider and us.

  Thank you,
  Steven

  sip.conf

  [inbound-trunk]
type=friend
context=incoming
insecure=very
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
outboundproxy=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
fromdomain=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
defaultip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
nat=yes
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes

  extension.conf

  [incoming]
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,1,Answer()
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,2,Background(greeting)
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,3,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,4,Dial(SIP/steven)
exten => NXXNXXXXXX,5,Hangup()

C F <shmaltz at gmail.com> wrote:
  It should work as is, just make usre that you have an extension
defined (or a catch all) for every DID you have with the provider so
that incoming works.

http://mail.yahoo.com