[Asterisk-Users] Size limitations of extensions.conf

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 19:05:42 MST 2006

AFAIK 7000 lines of extesnsion.conf will not eat as much memory as an
AGI script half that long will.
Second, there is no reason that 1000 lines of code (IF you would be
adding one line for every possible area code in North America then it
would be around 800 lines, then give another 200 for the macro to
handle it) should slow down an asterisk in such a way that you should
consider going with AGI instead.