[Asterisk-Users] SIP voice recorder

Woodoo People .pGa! wpeople at Shadow.microsystem.hu
Sat Jun 3 14:24:40 MST 2006

> I believe that Cisco does the monitoring/recording that way. We've been
> working with a company that has implemented Cisco's approach and they
> are having problems with the recording due to network design (eg, high-
> availability dual-everything. Port mirroring is only picking up half the
> conversation).
>
> Their recording method apparently works when it can see both sides of
> the conversation. Don't know anything about their software for that
> function however.

this mirror port problem can be solved if you connect the asterisk
box thru the monitor-box what's operating in bridge mode. that also
make the possibility (if you have a 2port nic) to connect asterisk directly
the switch via another cable, using Spanning Tree with higher cost.

--
WoodOO-[P]an[G]alaktikan[A]gent-People <][> http://shadow.pganet.com
wpeople at shadow.pganet.com]iCQ#33118021[wpeople.on.iRCNet]wpeople at RedHat.users