[Asterisk-Users] Integrating Asterisk

Dakota Burns dakota.burns at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 14:04:06 MST 2006

What I was attempting to visualize is the following case:
10 people in an organization pick-up their phones to make an outbound call.
Before integrating Asterisk, all calls route through their current non-VoIP
based phone provider.  After  integrating 1 trunk from a VoIP service
provider  into their system that provides 4 simultaneous calls (Teliax's
Corporate plan), and dropping 4 legacy lines, if 10 people make calls
simultaneously, some will be VoIP and some will be legacy based.  Based on
the above example, I'm questioning whether it would be best to configure a
Sipura 3000 for every analog phone (I'm guessing  the non-profits will want
to keep their existing analog phones), or utilize another device (or
devices) to connect the company's internet service into their existing
Trunks or POTS.  I think the former would be easier & something I know how
to do, but the latter may be smarter & more cost effective.  So the latter
is what I'm questioning whether either of you have experience implementing.

Thanks,
Dakota