[Asterisk-Users] Busy Signals after hangup

Rick Smith rick at rtps.net
Sat Jun 3 11:06:07 MST 2006

I've not seen an answer to this in any forum.

I make a call through Asterisk, with a VOIP phone, doesn't matter which.

The call gets made, I leave a voicemail, or complete the call in some
manner, and the other side hangs up.  I hear a busy signal on the phone
on my end.

If I have an extension that looks like this, after the hangup() is
executed, my phone gives busy signals until I hangup and pick up to get
another dial tone.

exten => 19999999999,1,Answer()
exten => 19999999999,2,Dial(SIP/100,20)
exten => 19999999999,3,Hangup

why?  And how to fix ?   This is annoying...