[Asterisk-Users] Polycom-Asterisk hints/presence

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sat Jun 3 08:01:56 MST 2006

It was not intentional, but with 1.2.8 asterisk and 1.6.5 Polycom sip;

1. add a hint priority to the dialplan.
2. set the subscribe context for the subscriber
3. create a directory entry on the phone and enable buddy watch
4. assign the directory entry to a speed dial key. This can only be done
if you have not set all of the Polycom keys to register on the primary
account used for the phone. If you have a 501, and you set the first 2
for registration, the third will display "speed dial 1"

The buddy watch feature on the Polycom phone is enabled by adding the
appropriate xml tag to the config file for the phone - if you need more
info let me know.

The result I expected was that the "watched" extensions would ring, but
a sip debug in asterisk reveals that asterisk does not send a different
notify for ring and it does not send a notify when the state changes
from ringing to inuse. There is only one notify sent when the watched
extensions starts ringing, and it is a status of "inuse"

I have not been able to determine if the Polycom would ring if a status
notification of ringing was sent from asterisk.

Damon