[Asterisk-Users] Problems and questions with setting up a Feature Group D trunk to a Nortel DMS-10 switch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jun 2 19:51:59 MST 2006

----- John Fulton <jfulton at arctic.net> wrote:

> Now, in the ${EXTEN} variable, what should I see at that point?
> Currently it looks like I am just seeing 8155555678. Would the ANI
> field show up in a different variable?

Yes, as the Caller ID number, so ${CALLERIDNUM} or ${CALLERID(number)} depending on which version of Asterisk you are using.

> I never hear the digits read back to me, I get a recorded message from
> the Nortel saying "There is a temporary problem with the Long Distance
> carrier you are calling. blah.blah.blah"

Probably you will want to use featdmf instead of e&m as your signaling mode, that will properly parse the incoming digits and also send the acknowledgement wink. There are quite a few featd choices available in zapata.conf, so you may just want to try them all :-) In the worst case, you can contact Digium Support on Monday and they will be happy to help you get the signaling set up correctly.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer