[Asterisk-Users] Polycom-Asterisk hints/presence

picciuX matteo at picciux.it
Fri Jun 2 16:57:49 MST 2006

damon, i think many guys here missed your point and went away from it. What
you want to do is possible: i managed to do that using a GXP-2000 with beta
firmare and asterisk 1.2.0.
GXP correctly processes the "status change messages" and show a blinking led
for the BLF of a ringing extension. The GXP, when you press a "blinking
BLF", dials out the blf extension prefixed with '**'. In the dialplan i only
needed to do a:

exten => _**XXX,1,Pickup(${EXTEN:2})

to answer the ringing remote extension.
So, IMHO, it's only a matter of the phone. This is not a true "shared line",
but does its job well letting an assistant answer his boss' phone.
AFAIK, Snoms do a similar thing, dialing out *8<BLF extension> when pressing
a ringing button.

Hope this helps....