[Asterisk-Users] Config Revision Control

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Fri Jun 2 15:05:08 MST 2006

Bruce,

I've been referring to the book at  <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html.

The svn book's quick start says that you must have a trunk directory before you try and import for the first time.

"For reasons that will be clear later (see  <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.branchmerge> Chapter 4, Branching and Merging), your project's tree structure should contain three top-level directories named branches, tags, and trunk"

The quick start also does not address how to log in with the credentials necessary to actually do this...

I get...
svn import /etc/asterisk svn://216.187.142.202/usr/subversion
Authentication realm: <svn://216.187.142.202:3690> example realm
Password for 'root':

What's the syntax for specifying a user? Is it svn import /etc/asterisk user at svn://216.187.142.202/usr/subversion ???

Doug