[Asterisk-Users] Prices of g729 codec

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Fri Jun 2 10:34:42 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Friday 02 June 2006 13:00, Lee Howard wrote:
>

>>The GPL very clearly defines the method of expressing deserved
>>gratitude, and it is not in monetary support.
>>

>What's this got to do with the GPL?  the g729 codec code is *not* GPLd, and in
>fact can't be due to the patent on the implementation of g729.

What's this got to do with G.729?  My comments with which you took issue
were directed at the reasoning behind the blissful tax payer.

The messed-up reasoning was that Digium deserves monetary gratitude
because they GPLd Asterisk... and you even said that the reasoning was
wrong.

I wasn't saying anything about G.729, patents, or legalities.

Lee.