[Asterisk-Users] OT recommend an IAX phone or IAX softphone+USB handset?

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Fri Jun 2 10:05:46 MST 2006

Hi Yall,

I would love to put a very compact phone on my wife's desk at work...

Ideally this would be a very small IAX phone with 2 RJ-45's so I could
drop it in without much notice and only have to beg for 1 port from the
sysadmin.

I have looked around and I don't see such an item in existence?  What I
would love is a "home" phone looking handset (wired is fine), which is
really and IAX2 compatible device.

Assuming that doesn't exist,  is there anyone who can recommend a very
reliable combo of an IAX2 softphone (XP pro) and USB handset?  This
isn't as desirable for me as it means mucking with a windows box, but
still might work.

Thanks for your ideas on this.
Marty