[Asterisk-Users] Change g729 payload

Alejandro Vargas alejandro.anv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 06:16:05 MST 2006

2006/6/2, Attilla De Groot <mail at youmeandvoip.nl>:
> But to be honest, I'm not really a programmer and I'm not sure how to
> apply this patch on the source code. Could you give any instuctions
> about how to apply the patch ?

To apply a .patch file, you should use patch -p<n>, but if your source
code is much different than the version for what the patch was done,
it will not work. Then, you will need some knoledghe of programming.
You read the patch file, look what says the line to be modified and
what must it look like, then edit your source, find the corresponding
line (what may be similar to the one of the newer version for what the
patch has been done) and modify it with your favorite text editor (vi
rulez!). Then compile...

--
Alejandro Vargas