[Asterisk-Users] SIP voice recorder

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jun 2 04:32:22 MST 2006

Vic wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a opensource SIP
> voice logger.
>
> I need to simultaneously record around 150 to 200
> sessions.
>
> I figured that if I just set a mirroring port on the
> switch and just send all RTP packets to it, I would be
> able to do it.  The problem is: has anyone done it before?
> Is there a better way to do it?

I believe that Cisco does the monitoring/recording that way. We've been
working with a company that has implemented Cisco's approach and they
are having problems with the recording due to network design (eg, high-
availability dual-everything. Port mirroring is only picking up half the
conversation).

Their recording method apparently works when it can see both sides of
the conversation. Don't know anything about their software for that
function however.