[Asterisk-Users] Polycom-Asterisk hints/presence

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Thu Jun 1 17:12:46 MST 2006

Thanks Bob,

We have also done some similar stuff to make it usable, the prospect
that we might be able to achieve the same functionality and add to it as
a bonus the ability to monitor the boss's extension state (idle, on the
phone, away) with the same button was appealing, but a dead end it
appears.

Is there enough interest here to get together with other
Polycom/asterisk users and pony up a bounty for shared line appearance?

I think the Polycom implementation is based on some SIP rfc, so it is
not just a Polycom feature.

The functionality is going to be a must at some point, you have to be
able to emulate what most of the midrange PBXs can do to propose
replacing them with asterisk, and this particular feature issue has come
up more than once in our line of business.

Anyone have any ideas what kind of project this might be?

Damon