[Asterisk-Users] Change g729 payload

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu Jun 1 13:57:11 MST 2006

Attilla wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2006, at 5:38 PM, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

>> You're wrong :)

> Nobody is perfect. ;)

>> I had the same problem. Unfortunately this value is hard coded in
>> Asterisk's code. I don't know if recent versions of Asterisk
>> support this.

> Well I just found this:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5162
And I was just about to point that out...

> So it seems that there is a patch and that it's ready for 2 months,
> but I just checked the rtc.c code and it doesn't include this patch.
> And I don't like to use "beta" patches on a production machine.
It was put in a development branch, but has not seen any action in
over two months.

I have had it running against chan_ooh323 for six months and chan_sip
for three weeks in production for a moderately loaded conferencing
server.  Absolutely no issues with either channel.  It would not be
too hard to add support to any of the RTP-based channels, but IAX
will not work with the code as it stands.

> Attilla

Dan