[Asterisk-Users] cmdMonitor distortion/crackling

Scott Miller scoscmil at imap.iu.edu
Thu Jun 1 09:07:59 MST 2006

I've been struggling with a distortion/crackling problem with the Monitor
command in asterisk.  I've even brought the dialplan down to a very simple 3
lines...

exten => 263949,1,Answer
exten => 263949,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 263949,3,Wait(10)

The .wav files generated from the monitor are severely distorted and filled
with static.  The asterisk box is in production, incoming calls still sound
fine, outgoing calls still sound fine, and even recording of voicemails
still sounds fine.  Both the -in.wav and the -out.wav files generated are
distorted beyond recognition.  I thought timing may be an issue, but the
same machine hosts conferences with no problem.  I've additionally tried a
secondary Asterisk box with a different hardware configuration and received
the same results.

If it helps identify the problem, here's a link to the -in.wav file of me
speaking.

https://www.slashtmp.iu.edu/public/download.php?FILE=scoscmil/31970cumkPb

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,