[Asterisk-Users] G729, voicemail, no codec_g729

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Jun 1 09:04:51 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>

>>    -- Recording the message
>>    -- x=0, open writing:
>>/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/105/INBOX/msg0001 format: g729,
>>0x8140f88
>>Jun  1 10:08:45 WARNING[15148]: channel.c:2326 set_format: Unable to
>>find a codec translation path from g729 to slin
>>Jun  1 10:08:45 WARNING[15148]: app.c:621 ast_play_and_record: Unable to
>>set to linear mode, giving up
>>
>>    Obviously I don't have codec_g729 installed.  The real question is,
>>why does it need to convert to slinear?
>

> Heh... you'll like this one.
>
> Recording voicemail messages involves listening for silence to know when
> the message recording should stop. That means converting to SLINEAR :-)

Kevin,

	You're right.  I do "like" ;) that one.  Hmmm...  I wonder what can be
done about this, if anything.  I take it disabling silence detection
could be a really stupid thing.  In this case, however, I have no Zap
devices (certainly no POTS interfaces without proper hangup detection).
  It is %100 SIP (or IAX), and I'd like to think that all of my devices
and endpoints are somewhat sane enough to properly hangup the channel to
end recording.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner