[Asterisk-Users] AEL2 and CID

Aaron Daniel amdtech at shsu.edu
Thu Jun 1 08:18:43 MST 2006

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doing this CID stuff in AEL may not make as
much sense in terms of converting dialplans over as it seems.  I say this,
because with the original usage of the CID checking in the old extension
language, you could base PRIORITIES on the CID, therefore changing only
part of the actual extension logic.  With how you're looking at it, that
would effectively render an extension into two separate logical forms,
which I know would definitely confuse people when converting the
languages.  Also, doing the CID checks inside the extension gives a larger
degree of control, and makes the dialplan a bit more eligible.  From an
administration standpoint, you could have multiple EXTEN/CID's strewn
about, but if you strictly use the in-extension checking, you know that
*THIS* is the extension you're looking for, and *THOSE* CID's are the ones
that are going to do something different.

Just my thoughts on the matter :) Hope they help a little.