[Asterisk-Users] HDI remove a key from the Asterisk database with a <null> key, but a value?

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Thu Jun 1 07:55:31 MST 2006

Using * 1.0.9

I have a cron job that runs every night and sucks Caller ID information from
our SQL server based CRM and imports it into the Asterisk database. We use
the Caller ID to give enhanced information about the caller ("this is his
customer number, he's a pain in the ass", for example). There is one guy in
our database with no phone number and he has been sucked in to the 'cidname'
family with no key (or a null key, or a zero-length key, I dunno) but a
value. The side effect of this, is when someone calls will a caller id of
nothing (which is different than UNKNOWN) it shows up as this guy.

How do I delete this guy from the database? This does not work:

database delete cidname ''

I could wipe the family and redo it but there are a lot of manual edits in
the DB that we would have to recreate. I could also export the DB and edit
it elsewhere but I'm hoping someone can tell me a quick way to do it from
the command line.

tia