[Asterisk-Users] Looking for very basic example

Benjamin Stocker bstocker at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 02:18:16 MST 2006

Hi!

Im looking for a very basic example for the following simple problem.
I've been searching voip-info.org and looked in the ORA book without a
clue. I have a SIP account at sip.provider.com and my own asterisk
server. What I want is the following:

  I. Register my phone to my asterisk server, not directly to provider.com
  II. My asterisk server should ring my phone when somebody calls me on
<mynumber>@provider.com
  III. Asterisk forwards my outgoing calls to provider.com

I found a lot of sample snippets but none of them really works. The two
main problems are:

A. When somebody calls me, he get's a "user unavailable" from
provider.com, but my asterisk server successfully registered at
provider.com:

  (sip.conf)

B. When I call a number, my asterisk server says: " Failed to
authenticate on INVITE". But all login informations for provider.com
are correct.

  (sip.conf)
  [<user>]
  type=friend
  secret=<pwd>
  username=<user>
  fromuser=<user>
  canreinvite=yes

  (extensions.conf)
  exten => 0041321112233,1,Dial(SIP/${EXT...<http://groups.google.ch/groups/unlock?msg=c9756294de75b896&hl=de&_done=/group/Asterisk-users/browse_thread/thread/de1e6e8328c2a255/c9756294de75b896%3Fhl%3Dde>
@sip.provider.com,60,r)
Thanks for any help!