[asterisk-users] Selective Router (route based on Caller-ID) configuration

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Mon Jul 31 19:31:53 MST 2006

Hello,

How can I get Asterisk to take an inbound call over a PRI D-Channel,
look up info in a database and send the call out to a new number.  I
don't want the patch to occur in the Asterisk box (2 B channels) I
would like to send the call back to the switch on the other end of
the PRI and have it handle the patch.  The PRI would only be used for
the D-Channel signalling.

Example:

VoIP Phone registered with softswitch dials 911.  Softswitch hands
the call off to a Class 4 Tandem (Tekelec T7000) which has redundant
routes to the Verizon Selective Routers.  If all of the routes are
down/full the T7000 will failover the call to the Asterisk PRI.   I
need the Asterisk PRI to lookup the correct PSAP 10 digit number
based on the NPA-NXX of the VoIP Phone.  The Asterisk box then needs
to signal the T7000 to redirect the call to the 10 digit number.  The
T7000 sends the call to the PSTN over our SS7 interconnect to the
Verizon Tandem.  The Bearer traffic never passes through the Asterisk
box.

I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if the traffic ate up B
channels but I would like to avoid it if I can.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President