[asterisk-users] sip phone networking question [possibly OT]

T. Shaw xytek at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 31 14:32:33 MST 2006

I have a client that is looking for a "least cost" solution  of providing
more SIP phones to an existing asterisk setup.

The Issue is this: He has 7 total data run lines running back to the
switch/phone room (small company).
However the want to add a total of 5 or more Phones. He doesn't want to foot
the cost of running more data lines along the middle of a large room all the
way to the walls and then back to the phone room.

I was wondering if we could uplink small switches to the wall data ports to
the switch, and connect the additional SIP phones to them to get them
connectivity to Asterisk?

As long as each phone has seperate IP, i'm not sure if there would be a
problem.

Anyone care to chime in to point out any pitfalls or potential problems with
this setup?

Thanks!

Terrelle