[asterisk-users] Alternative (?) ways to handle G.729 and annexb

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jul 31 12:48:34 MST 2006

----- Michail Pappas <michail.pappas at gmail.com> wrote:
> In all the examples above, sender requests Annex B behaviour and will
> most likely send SID frames.

And that would be incorrect behavior. What is listed in the SDP is what you want to _receive_; it has nothing (directly) to do with what you will send, that is dictated by the SDP provided by the other party.

> 1) Perhaps I'm totally wrong here, but shouldn't "18" in these last
> cases be dropped, since annexb behaviour is not supported by us -> an
> important characteristic of the codec offered is not supported by us,
> hence this is not an attribute that could be changed in asterisk's
> answer -> "18" should be dropped altogether in our response?

Uhh... no. The 'fmtp:18' is what ties that annexb=no line to the payload type '18' in the offer, rather than being associated with another payload type in the offer.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer