[asterisk-users] music ring (CRBT)

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jul 31 06:25:38 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Peng Yong [mailto:ppyy at astpbx.com]
To:
asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:08:29
-0300
Subject: [asterisk-users] music ring (CRBT)

> i search the mailing list and don't know how to do CRBT
> (Coloring Ring Back Tone). when the caller call a sip
> user of asterisk, he will hear music ring before the call
> is answered.
>
> caller <---> PSTN <---> PRI <---> Sangoma 104D <---> asterisk <--> sip
> user
>

> and i found Dial command has a option:
>
> m: Provide Music on Hold to the calling party until the
> called channel answers. This is mutually exclusive with option 'r',
> obviously. Use m(class) to specify a class for the music on hold.
>

> exten => 81206802,1,Dial(SIP/6802|120|m)
>
> and asterisk console shows:
>
> -- Started music on hold, class 'default', on Zap/77-1
>
> but caller hears nothing, no ring and no music.
> if i remove 'm' option, the caller can hear ring.
>
> is PRI support music ring?

It's actually called session progress/inband progress or something along those lines. It allows you to send audio to the caller before actually answering the channel. I know that some providers do support this, but yours may not. I would first run a test using the Playback application with the noanswer option and see if audio is heard. If not then you may want to talk to your provider and see if they allow you to do it.

> --
> Peng Yong

Joshua Colp
Digium