[asterisk-users] Got SUBSCRIBE for extensions without hint

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Jul 31 05:08:26 MST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: jbauer at teec.com
To:
asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:49:34
-0300
Subject: [asterisk-users] Got SUBSCRIBE for extensions without hint

> Hi all,
>
> for the user with extension 191 I get the following error message:
>
> ERROR[10131]: chan_sip.c:10831 handle_request_subscribe: Got SUBSCRIBE for
> extensions without hint. Please add hint to 191 in context internal
>
> I don't know where to add something because the entries in sip.conf look the
> same for every user and in extensions.conf a pattern for all internal users
> is used:
>
> [internal]
> exten => _[1-7]ZX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},5,Ttr)
> exten => _[1-7]ZX,2,Set(original_extension=${EXTEN})
> exten => _[1-7]ZX,3,Goto(status-${DIALSTATUS},1)
> exten => status-BUSY,1,VoiceMail(b${original_extension})
> exten => status-BUSY,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)
> exten => status-BUSY,3,Hangup()
> exten => status-NOANSWER,1,VoiceMail(u${original_extension})
> exten => status-NOANSWER,2,Playback(vm-goodbye)
> exten => status-NOANSWER,3,Hangup()
>
> Why do I get this message for the user with extension 191?

A phone is trying to subscribe to get the status of extension 191 (whether it is in use, etc). In order to make the ERROR go away and to make the subscription work you need to add this to your internal context:

exten => 191,hint,SIP/191

(If I understand your SIP device naming convention).

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards, Jens

Joshua Colp
Digium