[asterisk-users] Asterisk Polycom_acd_functions and G729

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 07:50:12 MST 2006

On 7/31/06, Dean @ INKnBITs <dean.bath at inknbits.co.uk> wrote:
> I assume then, your patch for the polycom acd is now added into 1.4?
>

> This will not work until the beta of 1.4 which is the same time that
> Digium has said they'll make the new g.729 module available.

 No. It isn't in /trunk now and will not be part of 1.4. The patch
makes some fundamental changes to the security/realm functionality of
chan_sip based on assumptions about the environment. While these might
be safe in a call center environment, they aren't the right thing to
do with chan_sip in general and that's why we've not even requested
that it become part of 1.4. We're going to wait for the new version of
chan_sip in a future release of Asterisk that has proper support for
multiple authentication realms before we attempt to get it merged in
with the general release. In the mean time, we'll continue to keep the
branch up to date for people like yourself that want to use it. This
is explained in the the readme file that's included in the doc folder
of the branch.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/