[asterisk-users] SNOM 360

Koopmann, Jan-Peter Jan-Peter.Koopmann at seceidos.de
Sun Jul 30 23:59:54 MST 2006

On Friday, July 28, 2006 3:08 PM Dovid Bender wrote:

> I am trying to have thier PC run thru the port on the phone and the
> phone give prioroty to itself and the rest to the PC. When my client
> does a big download the phone call gets real bad. The docs from SNOM
> on TOS (or DIFFSERV) is poor and I dont understand it well enough.
> Anyone have configs or docs on how they did this ?

I would be surprised to learn that the Snom is actively doing traffic management itself. Traffic managment must be done at the bottleneck to be halfway successful. Let's assume you are doing a download and you snom would do traffic management giving itself priority. What if your co-worker is doing a huge download? How should your snom know and throttle his download? No way.