[asterisk-users] VoiceMail Name Variable in Dial Plan

Damien Cahill dcahill at spiderbox.com.au
Sun Jul 30 22:17:12 MST 2006

Hi Guys,

I am writing a dynamic extension mapping dial plan application so that
staff can essentially log into different SIP stations and have their
calls delivered to this phone as well as having their caller id
manipulated so that the calls appear to come from the correct user.  I
realise a lot of this is already in the Agents and Queues channels
however they do not fully meet my needs.

Anywho, onto the question, how can I access the ${VM_NAME} variable
without being in the VoiceMail application.  There are a few ways I can
get this info however I really just want the ${VM_NAME} variable.  Any
ideas guys, I have looked at the ImportVar application although it is
very poorly documented.

Cheers,

Damien Cahill

Design Engineer