[asterisk-users] Strange behaviour Panasonic KX-TD1232

Gary G. Hendershot GHendershot at cox.net
Sun Jul 30 13:55:59 MST 2006

The Panasonic will not allow you to dial an extension directly from the
"outside".  You need to have Asterisk setup as a Panasonic extension and use
an extension to extension format in your dial plan.

Try making connections like this.

  ----------     --------------

  |        |     |            |

  |  SIP   |-----|  Asterisk  |

  |        |     |            |

  ----------     --------------

                    |        |

                   FXS      FXO

                    |        |

                 Pana Ext   Pana CO

  ----------    ------------------------

  |        |    |                      |

  | PSTN   |----|      Panasonic       |

  |        |    |                      |

  ----------    ------------------------

Now for outbound calls via PSTN, you would use a ZAP FXS, dial "9w" (w=wait
a second) then out the PSTN.  To dial a Panasonic ext, you would pick up the
same ZAP FXS channel and simply dial the number of the Panasonic extension
you want.  When a SIP call comes in, your dial plan would ring the ZAP FXO
port so as far as the Pana KSU is concerned, its just another inbound ring.

I wrote a pretty detailed paper about this integration and put it on the
WIKI along with the full EXTENSIONS.CONF I used to do a pretty tight
integration the Panasonic KSU.  Take a look and see if maybe this might
solve your problems.

 http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Panasonic+KSU

G.Henderhsot

  _____