[asterisk-users] Binary/unreadable configuration files?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jul 29 10:15:57 MST 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:21:16AM -0500, Carlos Chavez wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 20:12 +1000, Eric Bishop wrote:
> > Anyone know if it possible to create binary/obfuscated/ human
> > unreadable extensions.conf/sip.conf etc.? We would like to deploy a
> > system in an environment where not giving out root is still not
> > enough. We want to hide the contents of these normally plain text
> > files.
> >
> 	Why not use Realtime and bypass the text configuration files?

This bypasses the configuration files, but not the configuration
mechnism.

A. Asterisk needs to have read-access to the database. You can grab the
username & password from its config. And then connect to the database
and get the whole tables.

B. 'show extensions' will still work nicely. Unless you're prepared to
pay a huge performance hit for non-static real-time.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org
tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com     http://www.xorcom.com