[Asterisk-Users] Which ATA to test T.38 ? What about Linksys 3102

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Jul 28 20:43:27 MST 2006

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

>Peder @ NetworkOblivion wrote:
>

>>When I looked several months ago, the only Sipura that supported T.38
>>was the SPA-2100.  I haven't searched in a while, but I think it is
>>still true.  We go directly from a Cisco gateway to the SPA-2100 and
>>it works great.  It is the only ATA that we've seen that works right.
>>

>You mean Linksys kit happily complies with Cisco kit? Will wonders never
>cease.
>Has anyone tried using the T.38 support in the Myson Century CS6220
>based ATAs with Steves code?

I have a couple of Myson Century based boxes here. There are various
revisions of the T.38 software for them, which seem to range from
totally useless to OK. By totally useless I mean fun things like the box
locking up solid as soon as it hears the FAX tone. :-)

Most vendors using the Myson Century silicon have been really bad about
providing versions of firmware for their boxes. Some even ship boxes in
nice colourful cartons talking about T.38 support, when the unit inside
has no T.38 support whatsoever. ATA makers make used car salesmen look
*GOOD*. :-)

Steve