[asterisk-users] Manager interface

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Fri Jul 28 15:33:19 MST 2006

On 28 Jul 2006, at 17:35, Tielin Xu wrote:

> In my situation, we don't want to restrict to use softphone only. So
> called event server is just an application connect to Asterisk Manager
> API to collect events, and distribute the call information to right
> destination. How to launch (pop up) the CRM application depends on
> what
> arrangement on agent computer.

Yes, in the majority of cases, our agents will have hard-phones, so
the softphone in their browser is never used to answer their calls,
it just generates the screen pop.

The facility is there, for folks who are working from home, or
who have a high quality headset connected to their PCs.

As you say, the best way to generate a screen pop depends
on the environment.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.com