[asterisk-users] IAX2 Connection fails over time...

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Jul 28 12:58:14 MST 2006

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 07:51, Rich Adamson wrote:
>>> Any ideas on what we should check?
>> Try changing the codec for the iax link to g726 and report back.
>
> Offhand, what are you suspecting?  GSM's a pretty light codec in terms of CPU,
> and he's not lacking in the CPU department either (if this is a small number
> of concurrent calls and the box isn't doing anything else).

Not sure, but the OP's description sounds very much like a problem I had
with an itsp using g729. I spent a fair amount of time trying different
codecs and g726 has been one of the best in terms of low bandwidth. That
effort was from about six months ago. Could have certainly been the
result of something totally different (jitterbuffer, etc). Since the
itsp would not share any info at all about what they were running for an
asterisk system, I 'bypassed' the issue by changing codecs.