[asterisk-users] One extension to ring on multiple outside lines

Don Pobanz asterisk at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Jul 28 08:27:22 MST 2006

Dave Morrow wrote:
>> I have a need to have a single extension actually ring on 2 phone
>> lines which are not extensions (they are analog phone lines).

> exten => 145,1,Dial(Zap/1&Zap/2)
>
> That line would dial both Zap/1 and Zap/2 whenever someone called 145.
> The first one to answer gets the call. Is that what you were looking
> for?
>
 > Yes, to some extent it is what I want, but I want it to dial outside
 > lines (ie. 800-555-1212 and 800-666-3434) insteand of a Zap channel.

Joshua Colp gave you the general idea of what you needed. Just expand it
like you would for any other outgoing call using '&' between each line
or phone you want to dial. Something like:
exten => 145,1,Dial(Zap/g1/18005551212&Zap/g1/18006663434)

see the wiki for details:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Don Pobanz