[asterisk-users] Which card do you recommend for heavy load application?

Álvaro Palma apalma at opschile.cl
Fri Jul 28 06:58:23 MST 2006

I'm thinking to implement an application that may need 120 channels
(4 E1 spans) being recorded in WAV49 format simultaneously, with echo
cancellation, etc.

What card would you recommend for this kind of load? (independently of
the underlying hardware, assume the best possible). I've tested a Digium
TE407P, and it behaves ok for about 80 channnels in an ordinary PC, but
I haven't been able to test a Sangoma card in the same condition. So, in
your expert opinion, which will be the best choice for this case?

Digium TE407P
Sangoma A104d AFT

Thanks for your recommendations.

--